NBIAA SANCTION PROCESS INFORMATION
1. Schools must fill out the NBIAA Out of Province Sanction Forms and return them to the NBIAA Office. These forms can be found HERE.
2. The NBIAA will decide if sanction is granted once they investigate the details of the tournament or game(s).
3. The Operating Regulation O.R. 18.6 will be a factor in the decision to sanction an event.
4. The NBIAA will not sanction tournaments or game(s) after or before the season of play for the sport in question.
5. The onus of checking for approval is on the team, an invitation should not be accepted until sanction has been received.
6. Applications by member schools for tournaments or exhibition games with teams within the 'Region' (Maritime Provinces and Maine) must be made in writing (NBIAA sanction forms) to the Executive firector at least (2) weeks prior to the event. Applications by member schools for tournaments or exhibition games with teams outside the "Region" must be made in writing to the Executive Director at least four (4) weeks prior to the event. Schools will be assesed a fee of $100 in order to approve a sanction request after the deadline.
7. Non-member organizations must apply to the NBIAA through a member school for sanction of compettion involving teams or players of member schools. The application must be received by the NBIAA office at least four (4) weeks rior to the event. This member school must act as a co-sponsor with the non-member organization. Schools will be assessed a fee of $100 in order to approve a sanction request received after the dealine.