The following items are pre-set by the NBIAA.
- Date of tournament or meet
- Tournament and meet format
- Awards (banners and medals)
- Budget limitations
- Rule modifications
- Officials' expenses
- Game equipment
- Facility specifications
The following procedures must be followed by the Tournament Manager:
- Entry fees are to be charged to competing schools including host school for all activities except the Final 12 basketball tournament. The amount of the entry fee must cover the officials' expenses, minor officials, facility and custodiam and be paid by all participating teams. Please refer to O.R. 5.1 for the set entry fees per sport.
- The NBIAA will set the entry fee per player for regional and provincial badminton tournaments and admission prices for the semi-finals and finals in boys and girls hockey. Please refer to O.R. 5.3 for admission prices.
- The host team will be responsible for all game equipment.
- The cost of janitor services can be included under expenses. Receipts are required.
- For the financial rebates to the NBIAA, the school host and participating teams, please refer to each sport O.R. for more detailed information.
- HOSPITALITY EXPENSES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HOST SCHOOL.
Tournament Managers must contact the NBIAA office by email immediately following the tournament or meet with the results. Results must also be sent to the major newspapers and to your local radio and T.V. stations as well.
|Times & Transcriptemail@example.com|
|Teams||Benches – chairs –water – towels – practice balls – waste baskets – oranges, etc.|
|Official’s Table||Game ball|
|Referees||Extra whistles – rule book|
|Timers||Timer (Operating) – Tables – Chairs|
|30 sec. Timers||30 sec. Lights – stop watches – horn|
|Scorekeeper||Score sheets – pens|
|P. A. System||P. A. System (operating) – Program|
|Foul Indicator||Foul cards|
|Gate Supervisor & Workers||Table – chairs – cash box – change – tickets – programs – hand stamp|
|Concession||Menus – cash box – change – food, etc.|
|Hosts & Hostesses||Team envelopes – keys – smiles|
|First Aid – Medical||Room – first aid supplies and equipment|
|Social Committee||Music, other entertainment|
|Official Opening||P.A. systems, podium if necessary and person for introductions|
|Coaches Meeting||Room – paper – pens –agenda|
|Awards||Presenter – P. A. system, reporters, photographers|
|Spectators||Designated area for band, ushers, cheerleaders, special fans – coat hangers – coat ranks – clean bleachers – safe bleachers – directions to washrooms, etc.|
|Other Facilities||Tournament office – officials conference room with refreshments and snacks – Coaches’ retreat room – Clean and safe shower room|